Thursday, January 23, 2014

Light 'Em Up

So I was having some fun with LEDs at the beginning of last semester, and we had a pretty nice party room setup going on with additional black lights, laser lights, and arduino-controlled LED lights fading and strobing to music to go with a killer sound system...





Unfortunately, things ended up not working out, and eventually our friends wanted their bedroom back.  But on the bright side, now I have all my LEDs back, and a whole bunch of options for putting underglow on the new bikes.  There's still some other work to be done on the bike, but I think I'm going to get right to lighting up the bike as it is.  I'll get some pics up once I put some lights on.


While cleaning up the room, I also found the Monkeylectric persistence of vision spoke light that I won from the Tank Bike in the Instructables bike contest last spring.  I finally got to try it out, and it has some cool effects with colors and pictures on the spinning wheel.  The pictures didn't come out great, but here's the blue skull & crossbones option.  I'm definitely going to try to make this fit around the hub motor on the drift trike soon to go with the underglow.


No comments:

Post a Comment