Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back to Scooters

It's been years since I rode around on scooters, but it seems like a great way to get around MIT and I've been inspired by some great electric designs on campus.  So I brought up my old Razor e500 after doing some work on it over winter break.
It wasn't in very good shape, so I started off by taking care of the essential aesthetics.  I completely disassembled every part of it, and I sanded down the frame and fork before going over it with a coat of white primer.
I decided to go with my favorite blue and white color scheme, with consideration for the eventual blue underglow in mind.  The black plastic components turned out pretty well too, and I think the combo looked good together in the end.



Then I just cleaned up the deck and covered it with strips from a roll of abrasive grip tape.  I went around and trimmed the edges with a razer blade to get it looking nice, and the tape ended up sticking pretty well.  It was a decent quick fix without buying anything fancy, but I think it did the trick.








No comments:

Post a Comment