Sunday, March 15, 2015

ATV Reveal: TechX 2015

After nearly five weeks of working nonstop on the ATV, I got it together in time for the reveal at TechX!  A combination of the funding I had received for the project along with a big deadline helped me to finally construct everything and get it in working order.  A major snowstorm the night before the event made it difficult to even travel from the shop to the gym, but after a frantic morning and some quick repairs, the ATV was ready to go.  The four wheeler is definitely one of my favorite personal projects, and I'm glad that I had an opportunity to get it together for TechX.


The event is a great opportunity to talk to recruiters and meet some business reps, as with any career fair.  More importantly, it was a lot of fun getting to tell people about the project and show them the ATV in action!


In addition to just finishing up the ATV and getting it running in the final week before the event, I made sure to save time for some extra flair to make it stand out, starting with a set of unconventional four-wheeler spinning rims...


And incorporating a 1000W amp, speakers, and a bass tube subwoofer...


And a new blue/black paint job, with a little bit of gold in the mix...


And of course some fairings with blue flame decals and sponsor logos...


There wasn't a ton of free space at the event, but I still managed to parade around with Nelson and his electric tractor, playing some music and telling everyone about our project!







No comments:

Post a Comment